On Sunday, October 13, 2013 we held our very first service. You can’t redo the first one. The first one will always be the first one. It’s kind of a big deal. And I am very pleased with how well it went. Here are some things I’d like to share from that day:
- A volunteer’s daughter has been hesitant to attend a children’s environment anywhere, and was hesitant starting out at our service, but by the end she loved it. Someone overheard her ask if she could come back.
- A one year old made it through the service in the nursery, that has never been away from his parents before! This may seem small, but to his parents this was HUGE. I know that with consistent faces in the nursery, he will continue to do well.
- Another 2 year old was able to go home and retell the entire story of Joseph in great detail. We may have a future Bible Storyteller!
- My son (4) prayed the night before “for all of the kids God would bring to Waumba Land.” These kids are being impacted by building this ministry!
- Several people went to the Connections table after service and asked for big stacks of invites for the November 17 service.
- We had 130 people in attendance!
- Many people wrote on the response cards. We had people say they want to know more about what it means to have a relationship with Jesus, one person wrote they want to know more about baptism, and several people signed up for launch groups.
- As a result we have two baptisms scheduled in Novemeber! We will share their stories via video online.
- We bought a used portable church system from Church on Wheels and everything worked great!
- We had a new couple come serve all day with us setting up Waumba Land and driving the trailer. They were excited, and said they will continue to come serve and be a part.
- Several people came who we didn’t expect and came to various people on our team with great feedback. Several of these people heard about TCC through social media.
- We saw posts and videos posted on social media with positive comments about people’s experience. See sampling here: http://www.micahfoster.net/2013/10/packthevet-video-roundup/
- Some of the people at our preview have now joined a launch group and are becoming increasingly involved and we are developing relationships with more of them.
- People who came to “support” us, said they’d return with guests
Were you there?
What was your experience?
Please let me know!