[Summary of What’s below: Update on our Step Up Campaign, What We Hope for in 2014, How You Can Help Get Push This Vision Forward]
Here’s a quick update last post on our end-of-year Step Up campaign. Let me remind of you our goals for this campaign.
- $10,000 in one-time gifts
- $4,000 pledged in increased monthly giving starting in Jan 2014
As of this moment we are still in need of:
- $8,620.63 in one-time gifts
- $3,550 pledged in increased monthly giving starting in Jan 2014
What we Hope for in 2014
But here’s the deal. We don’t need the money to sustain what we’ve been doing. We’re not in maintenance mode. We want to step up the implementation of our mission and vision. To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating a church that unchurched people love to attend.
Here’s what the cash from this campaign enables us to do:
- Hire a Service Programming Director – The person in charge of the adult worship experience from the parking lot to the stage.
- Increase service frequency from 1x monthly to every 3 weeks, then every other week, then every week. [The rate at which this increases is determined by increasing volunteerism, giving, inviting and involvement with small groups.]
- Pay off the credit we owe to our credit card, due to the purchase of our equipment and trailer.
- Pay for our December events (KidStuf Christmas Edition and Christmas Night of Worship).
- Give us a little margin entering 2014 for the unexpected expenses we’ll face.
In 2014, we will:
- Open UpStreet (K-6th grade environment) – in January we will have a BETA version open!
- Continue to grow Waumba Land – it was doubled between our first two services
- Host every week services by mid fall 2014
- Increase our engagement with each other through more group opportunities
- Increase our engagement with each other through our Strategic Service teams
In 2014, we hope to:
- Hire some of our key volunteer staff
- Create a Starting Point group for seekers, starters and returners
- Continue baptizing people
- Increase our community impact by partnering with local non-profits that are getting it done
*In 2014 we will receive $25,000 in matching funds from Growing Healthy Churches. Some of this end-of-year campaign will qualify us to receive some of those funds*
Push the Vision forward:
So, here’s how you can help us reach our goals for this campaign.
1. Give or increase giving, monthly
2. Give a one-time gift (tax deductible for 2013) online, by mail (1865 Herndon Ave K304, Clovis, Ca 93611) or in person at our Christmas Night of Worship
3. Invite your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to our events, like these (KidStuf Christmas Edition and Christmas Night of Worship)
4. Join a launch group (small group) in January
5. Join a Strategic Service team, just let us know at our next event
You may think, “I can’t afford much, so it’s not that big of a difference.” Every penny matters, every act of faith is significant. When you give, you’re not just saying, “I want to support this.” You’re saying, “I trust God to do something significant with this.” It’s an opportunity to grow in your relationship with Jesus… which is accomplishing our mission.
Let’s Step Up together so that Two Cities Church can Step it Up!