Meet Tony & Trish Route #WeAreTwoCitiesContinue Reading...
Archives For end-of-year giving
Meet Matt and Liz Sitton and hear why they are a part of Two Cities Church.Continue Reading...
Meet Charla Walls and find out why she is a part of Two Cities in here #IAmTwoCities video.Continue Reading...
A couple of weeks ago I woke up to a Facebook message from someone that I don’t hear from often. There’s a transcript of the conversation:
Friend: Do you need anything?
Me: What do you mean?
Let me stop your right there from reading the rest of the conversation. I mean, who wakes up to someone asking them if they need money? That doesn’t happen in real life, right? Well, it did and it happened to me. Ok, keep going…
Me: Well, we are trying to raise 50k to upgrade our elementary environments, invest in chronically hungry kids in Fresno, and hire a second staff member.
I was thinking he was talking about the church, since we’re trying to raise money for our end-of-year giving campaign and expand the work of the church. He responds…
Friend: Nice! Well, I woke up feeling like I needed to give you $300?
Me: Well, I woke up to a crying child and so that brightens the day! LoL
Friend: Haha I should be out of work by 4
Me: Ok, you can also do it through text. Just type WATC to (559) 745-7009. It will ask you to register a card and then you can text in the amount (300) and it will deduct if rom your account.
Friend: I think it’s cash for you
At this point I was shocked. I thought, “So, you mean to tell me you feel like God is telling you to give me $300 cash, personally… for me? Not for the church?”
Have you ever had an experience like that? No? I wouldn’t expect you to.
Here’s the thing, I met up with him in the Target parking lot. I’m sure it looked like a drug deal to onlookers because we both got out of our cars and he shook my hand with a wad of cash in it and gave me a hug.
I said, “Did God tell you what I was going to do with he cash?”
“No.” He replied.
I thanked him, we chatted and he left.
Imagine the burden to do what is the right thing with this $300. In my family, we have everything budgeted out. We have specific amounts that go to specific categories. We do not frivolously buy anything. We weigh it out because we want to be good stewards of the money God entrusts to us… but for some reason, this $300 weighed extra heavy on us to do the right thing. The problem was, we didn’t know what the right thing was.
So for three days, we prayed about it and one verse kept coming to my mind:
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much…”
Luke 16:10 NIV
At the end of those three days, I reached a decision. We were going to give it to the end-of-year campaign at Two Cities Church.
Not even five minutes after I made that decision I got a text from a church planter in Rohnert Park, CA.
Friend: I just saw something on your Facebook about year-end-giving… did you receive our cashiers check? We mailed it.
I had just been thinking about how we need to be faithful with every little gift and God will entrust us with more. That’s exactly what was happening. Now I realize that they had already sent the check and we would’ve received it either way, but I believe God withheld the information until we made the decision he knew we would make.
Later that day I went to the box and do you know what was in that box? A check for Two Cities Church from Discovery Church in Rohnert Park for $1,000. That’s right one-thousand dollars.
Want to see God do miraculous things in your financial life? Don’t squeeze every penny for yourself. Be generous and willing to share. (1 Timothy 6:18) In fact, when it comes to giving, it’s the only thing God actually says to test him on.
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
You have an opportunity to invest in something amazing, the local church. If you do, I think God might do something miraculous in your own life. Be a part of something amazing. Be a part of funding the church so that we can expand our efforts, reach more people, and feed more hungry kids in the name of Jesus Christ.
4 Simple Ways You Can Give to Our “WeAreTwoCities” end-of-year campaign:
- Send a check to Two Cities Church
1865 Herndon Ave K304
Clovis, Ca 93612
- Send a Text
“WATC” to 559.745-7009 and then the amount you’d like to give. Here’s a little video to show you how easy it is.
- Give Online by clicking here
- In Service
Drop a check or cash into our offering bucket during a service
Your gifts are tax-deductible and you’ll receive a giving receipt in January.
Thank you for being a part of something amazing, the local church, which is the hope of the world.
[Summary of What’s below: Update on our Step Up Campaign, What We Hope for in 2014, How You Can Help Get Push This Vision Forward]
Here’s a quick update last post on our end-of-year Step Up campaign. Let me remind of you our goals for this campaign.
- $10,000 in one-time gifts
- $4,000 pledged in increased monthly giving starting in Jan 2014
As of this moment we are still in need of:
- $8,620.63 in one-time gifts
- $3,550 pledged in increased monthly giving starting in Jan 2014
What we Hope for in 2014
But here’s the deal. We don’t need the money to sustain what we’ve been doing. We’re not in maintenance mode. We want to step up the implementation of our mission and vision. To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating a church that unchurched people love to attend.
Here’s what the cash from this campaign enables us to do:
- Hire a Service Programming Director – The person in charge of the adult worship experience from the parking lot to the stage.
- Increase service frequency from 1x monthly to every 3 weeks, then every other week, then every week. [The rate at which this increases is determined by increasing volunteerism, giving, inviting and involvement with small groups.]
- Pay off the credit we owe to our credit card, due to the purchase of our equipment and trailer.
- Pay for our December events (KidStuf Christmas Edition and Christmas Night of Worship).
- Give us a little margin entering 2014 for the unexpected expenses we’ll face.
In 2014, we will:
- Open UpStreet (K-6th grade environment) – in January we will have a BETA version open!
- Continue to grow Waumba Land – it was doubled between our first two services
- Host every week services by mid fall 2014
- Increase our engagement with each other through more group opportunities
- Increase our engagement with each other through our Strategic Service teams
In 2014, we hope to:
- Hire some of our key volunteer staff
- Create a Starting Point group for seekers, starters and returners
- Continue baptizing people
- Increase our community impact by partnering with local non-profits that are getting it done
*In 2014 we will receive $25,000 in matching funds from Growing Healthy Churches. Some of this end-of-year campaign will qualify us to receive some of those funds*
Push the Vision forward:
So, here’s how you can help us reach our goals for this campaign.
1. Give or increase giving, monthly
2. Give a one-time gift (tax deductible for 2013) online, by mail (1865 Herndon Ave K304, Clovis, Ca 93611) or in person at our Christmas Night of Worship
3. Invite your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to our events, like these (KidStuf Christmas Edition and Christmas Night of Worship)
4. Join a launch group (small group) in January
5. Join a Strategic Service team, just let us know at our next event
You may think, “I can’t afford much, so it’s not that big of a difference.” Every penny matters, every act of faith is significant. When you give, you’re not just saying, “I want to support this.” You’re saying, “I trust God to do something significant with this.” It’s an opportunity to grow in your relationship with Jesus… which is accomplishing our mission.
Let’s Step Up together so that Two Cities Church can Step it Up!
The past year has been an incredible beginning to our journey at Two Cities Church.
- 10 NEXT Events
- 4 Launch Groups
- $50,000 matching funds grant, that is being released over 2 years
- Purchased a used portable church trailer and complete system
- Found a great location in Old Town Clovis, with room to grow
- Dedicated 4 babies at BabyD with 60 people in attendance
- Night of Worship with 122 people in attendance
- First two Glimpse services both with over 100 people in attendance
- Baptized 2 people [stories coming soon]
- Positioned to make a significant impact on our community, giving them hope in Jesus Christ!
As we prepare to celebrate Christmas and the new year, I’m inviting you to STEP UP to help build this church. As you STEP UP, the church can STEP IT UP in greater ways to be a blessing to our community and world.
Our end-of-year STEP UP goal is to raise $10,000 ($8,620.63 to go) in one-time gifts and commitments for an additional $4,000 ($3,550 to go) a month. The $10,000 enables us to cover all of the costs associated with our events for the rest of 2013, help us pay off the last $2000 of our portable church trailer, and give us a little margin to begin the new year. If $4,000 of that $10,000 continue to come in after the new year, we will be poised to hire a critical staff position, Service Programming Director. We can not increase the frequency of services without hiring this person.
Ways to STEP UP:
Give Online by clicking here. It’s safe, secure and simple to use. Choose the “Step Up” option when you give online.
- Mail a Check to 1865 Herndon Ave K304, Clovis, Ca 93611
- Drop a Check in our special offering at our Christmas Night of Worship on December 22nd at 5pm, 808 4th St, Clovis, Ca 93612.
So, let’s STEP UP together! Let’s give, let’s ask our friends and families to give. Let’s give until it’s difficult, until it hurts. TOGETHER we can give up something in order to build something greater.
As you STEP UP, we can STEP IT UP. Who’s in?
“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult
for the Gentiles who are turning to God.” Acts 15:19