We moved back to Fresno two weeks ago today and I’ve got to say, so far, so great! You can read some highlights from our first week here. Here are some highlights from this past week:
- First off, every week we are attending a different church to get a real feel from the landscape of the Church in Fresno/Clovis. Last Sunday we went to The Well Community Church – Clovis Campus. My cousin Ben plays drums there, so it was great to see him in action. The Well also uses the curriculum that Two Cities Church will use for their children’s ministries from the ReThink (Orange) Group. So it was great for Josiah to get some continuity on what he was learning at New Vintage Church.
- Monday I got to reconnect with a college student that I haven’t seen in almost 4 years! I told him all about Two Cities and he’s excited about being a part of our mission. He’s interested in our Leadership Development Program (LDP), which we will begin pre-launch.
- We had some friends over for dinner on Monday and I think Josiah found a new babysitter!
- Tuesday I had lunch with two former students of mine at good ol’ Taco Bell! If you haven’t had a Doritos Locos Taco, you are missing out! They’re both very excited at Two Cities and can’t wait to get their hands dirty.
- Erica has a second interview with MAG, a company that provides Virtual Executive Assistants to both the business world and to Pastors. It’s a part-time, work-from-home position that allows her to continue working and has potential to grow full-time when the kids are older.
- I asked two men to be on our board, and they both accepted. Now I’m just looking for one more board member. Keep that in your prayers.
- Our family had dinner at a friend’s house that I haven’t seen since graduating from Clovis West in 2000. It was crazy to think that we both have two kids and got married. It was awesome to hear how involved they are in their church.
- As a family, we were able to attend two baseball games this week. Each one was for one of Erica’s cousin. It’s great to be close to family.
- I had lunch with a local Pastor who offered to negotiate a lease term with Two Cities Church, if we wanted. It’s a real possibility that when we start having services, we may rent from this church on Sunday nights.
- My eBook on Social Media tips for the Church was featured on ChurchLeaders.com this week.
- And more…
Things are happening quickly and we’re very excited about building this church and life together in our hometown. I am so happy to have my wife as a partner in ministry and even tough it’s a tough transition from full-time ministry to full-time mom, she’s pretty amazing. You can see one blog post she has posted here in the last week.