What do you believe and how will it affect how Two Cities Church functions?
I’m getting some questions like the one above, not stated exactly like that, but in a roundabout way, this is what a few people are asking me. Let me answer that by listing our Core Values and a question that we ask that helps us to think through them:
- Biblical Authority: Maximum freedom is found under the authority of the principles found in the Bible. Are your priorities consistent with scripture?
- Intimacy with God: A person who is growing in their intimacy and relationship with God is applying truth rather than simply learning truth. Is your relationship with God growing?
- Relevant Environments: It is our role to create relevant environments, it is God’s role to change lives. Are our environments appealing, engaging, and helpful?
- Relational Evangelism: We must break free of the Christian sub-culture to engage with non-believers because God’s message of forgiveness through Christ is most effectively conveyed within the context of personal relationships. We deeply believe in the principle of Invest in people and Inviting them. In whom are you investing?
- Authentic Community: Sustained life-change as well as accountability, belonging, care and spiritual growth happen most effectively with relationally connected believers. Are you in a small group?
- Strategic Service: Our spiritual gifts have maximum impact when exercised in support of our strategy. The best way to figure out where to start serving, is to just serve somewhere. Where are you serving?
- Intentional Apprenticeship: Success is succession. We are responsible to pass along to others the knowledge, skills, and opportunities that have been entrusted to us. Who are you apprenticing?
Each of these values are just words on a screen unless we, Two Cities Church, lives them out.