I created this special vlog for anyone who is facing a challenging situation this Christmas season.Continue Reading...
Archives For joy
￼This weekend went pretty smooth in terms of production. We kicked off a 3-week series called “Shattered Dreams: God’s Unexpected Pathway to Joy.” Here’s the service order from the weekend: Shattered Dreams Week 1.
Sat – Norma Andersen (ProPresenter), Riley Green (Lights), Micah Foster (Producer)
Sun – Greg Loraditch (ProPresenter), Duane Piercy (Set Up/Tear Down), Jeff Wandel (Set Up/Tear Down), Dave Moylan (Set Up/Tear Down), Jimmy Moylan (Lights), West Blackford (Stage Manager), and Micah Foster (Producer)
The Wins & Stuff:
- It was Norma’s first time doing propresenter on Sat night. She shadowed Greg Cornelius two weeks ago. It was awesome to see someone new in that post!
- It was Jimmy’s first time doing the lights on Sun morning. He did a great job with pumping that stage full of haze and keeping us engaged with the lighting cues.
- “Next” Orientation was right after the services and Andy was able to speak to many new faces about the church, the vision, and what might be some next steps for them. If you are interested in knowing about a next step, I’d suggest getting into small group this fall. You can sign up here.
- I personally connected with the message this weekend. “Rejoice in the Lord always: I will say it again, Rejoice!” was the main theme for the day and Andy emphasized “IN” the Lord. Not in stuff, or situation or other relationships, but IN Christ Jesus. Listen to it here (should be online by Tuesday).
- He challenged us to read Philippians during this series. You can read it here online.
- Amy Ferrante was scheduled to lead worship this weekend but got sick last week. Jen Galovich had to step in last minute and did a great job leading us in worship. She sang a new song called “Lift High” by Fee. The words go really well with this series: “broken people call his name / helpless children praise the king / nothing brings him greater fame / when broken people call his name / lift high / your chains undone / all rise / exalt the son / Jesus Christ / the holy one / we lift our eyes to you” – this song means a lot to me because these lyrics helped me stay focused and get through a really difficult situation. I hope it blessed you too.
- What are the wins your experiencing?
Here’s a video of the worship band I used to work with when we first started working on “Lift High.”